If there’s one thing positive that happened in my life during the quarantine, then I guess it would be the discovery of a new hobby: cooking. I’ve been a foodie for as long as I can remember, but I never really had the passion to cook (maybe because I’m too lazy to wash the dishes afterwards hihihi~)
As expected, Youtube played a huge part in my ‘learning to cook’ journey and before I knew it, I have already subscribed to a number of cooking channels. So on this blog, I would like to share with you some of the recipes I’ve learned and “curated”.
Sisig, a traditional Kapampangan cuisine, is definitely one of my favorites. It is usually made using a pig’s face and belly but for this recipe, I will be using chicken breast. For me, sisig is best paired with beer and karaoke! Lol~
Reference recipe from: Foodie Pinoy
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 pcs green chili pepper, sliced diagonally
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used Kewpie mayo)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 pcs calamansi
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- chili flakes (optional)
- 1 egg (optional)
- Season the chicken breast with salt then fry until golden brown.
- Once cooked, dice the chicken then set aside.
- Melt the butter then saute garlic and onion on medium heat.
- Add the diced chicken, then season with oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- Mix well.
- Add red bell pepper and green chili. Mix.
- Season with pepper.
- Turn off the stove.
- Add calamansi and mayonnaise.
- Top with chili flakes and sunny side up egg. (optional)